Perhaps a city is a living thing. Each city has its own personality, after all. Los Angeles is not Vienna. London is not Moscow. Chicago is not Paris. Each city is a collection of lives and buildings and it has its own personality. So, if a city has a personality, maybe it also has a soul. Maybe it dreams. -Old Man from "The Sandman" by Neil Gaiman



New Haven Coliseum


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Coliseum Demolition
This is my contribution to the flood of photos, videos, etc. that have been posted from the Coliseum demolition. Aside from the 20 minute delay and the fact that my fingers were frozen, it was a pretty neat spectacle, seeing the Coliseum come down. I wanted to see it again!

The Coliseum was really important to New Haveners. When I moved here, it was pretty much an unused building, but it used to host hockey games (the New Haven Nighthawks), concerts, wrestling matches, circuses, all sorts of things. I wish I had memories of the place, but I'll always be a transplant. I could feel it, though, all the memories and vibes and echoes going up in smoke.


Before - One Last Glimpse


There she is, on a chilly January morning in New Haven


During - Boom Kaboom Blasto Boom

Note the flashing lights. The thing that looks like a person is a statue. Lenny and several people around us thought it was a real person. =)


After - Gone



All gone. A hole in the New Haven skyline.


Other Footage/Articles

Implosion from Chopper8 (WTNH) - Very cool angle. It falls like a flipped pancake.
Live Feed from Newschannel8 (WTNH) - I love the blinking flashes of light.
Coliseum Implosion (NBC30) - A different angle of implosion eye candy.
Coliseum Demo A Success (New Haven Independent) - A bit more of a personal touch.


0 Responses to “New Haven Coliseum”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Starry Saltwater Rose
  • From New Haven, Connecticut, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3